Wednesday, November 03, 2004

It's a bit over the top...

Now I had it. Now I'm fed up with it. This @#£%$ car will not fail on me any more, this was the last time!

It now decided to blow the diesel injection pump (or whatever-it's-called) while I'm accelerating to enter the motorway - result: no engine response. At all.

It being a BMW, praised worldwide for their service, I called BMW Assistance just to be told that those w***ers who actually own the car and whom I was stupid and lazy enough to rent it from had taken only the standard assistance contract, which meant I couldn't get any help after 22:00. Is this some kind of sick joke? The car can only break between 7 AM and 10 PM? I was fuming by then, called a few road assistance companies like Touring and VTB-VAB and the latter came for the rescue, with a one-off charge of 226 € (in the end, not really too bad since it includes a one year subscription to their services which I don't need because I'll be leaving the country in 3 months and the car much earlier than that for sure).

Thank god for good friends, and Yves picked me up after I brutally awoke him with my distress signal. Even got to meet (and share a bed with) his new cat, a charming little creature that made sure my pony-tail didn't move much during the whole night...

Now I'm waiting to see if I will get a car today, otherwise I'll just camp in the office...

No comments: