Thursday, March 24, 2005

Delegates, Events, Datagrids, C++++...

We've just finished our 1st part in .net training, and I can't really say I'm impressed. Coming from a Java background (thanks IBM for brainwashing me) I was a little bit too sceptic about .net. And, as expected, I confirmed that it is not much more than taking the JVM idea and extending it to depend on the Operating System, though that is not the official message (it does support multiple versions of Windows)...

Anyway, C# is quite good as a programming language and delegates are cool.

Another suspicion I confirmed was that Microsoft's strenght in the .net field is based on the great IDE they have (Visual Studio) rather than the merits of the language or environment in itself. It's so bloody easy for someone with just some VB knowledge to come up and built an interactive web site that it's even scary...

Update - I forgot to mention mono. I'll post something if I ever get the courage to try it out.

No comments: